12A and 80G
Please Fill this Form to get your qoutation to start your journey with us
- 12A & 80G REGISTRATION9999/-
*All inclusives, i.e., no hidden charges.
*50% payment before starting of work and rest on completion.
*Professional guidance and consultancy in business hours.
*Best Ca /Cs services provided us.
*Our Team available for you 24*7.
*Fastest Company Registration with minimum number of days.
*Quick reply on voice call and whatsapp or E-mail.
*Latest notification of government department update quick to our clients.
What are the 12A and 80G Registrations in India – the details in below?
NGO (Non-Government Organization) is established as a non-profit Organisation in the form of Charitable Trust/Society/Section 8 Company and once such entity is formally registered it is approved for a bunch of tax exemptions, reliefs, benefits, as well as per provision of tax deductions for the donors. For that, 12A and 80G registrations are mandatory for any income an NGO earns, like, service/production/donation, which will be taken as normal taxable income without considering the purpose of such income.
What is 80G Certificate?
The Income-tax department is issued an 80G Certificate to a non-profit organization/entities or non-governmental organizations (NGO), a charitable trust, or a Section 8 Company by the Income Tax Department. The main object of NGOs in the 80G certificate is to provide more and more donors to donate their funds to such Organizations/Entities. The benefit that the donor will avail from donating to such an NGO is that he gets an income tax exemption on 50% of his donation as the donor is allowed to deduct their donations from the gross total income earned by NGOs. To avail of the exemption under the income tax Act, 1961 the donor needs to attach the stamped receipt against the donation that is issued by the NGO – the receipt needs to include the name, date, and PAN Number of the organization/entities.
What is 12A Registration?
Now that we have covered 80G Registration we will discuss 12A registration and 12A registration process.
By virtue of the 12A registration, Trusts and NGOs and other Section 8 companies enjoy exemption from paying income tax. NGOs are basically organizations that are meant for charitable activities and non-profit activities. However, they do have income and would be required to pay tax as per normal rates of the income tax if not registered under section 12A of the Income Tax Act. Section 12A of the Income-tax, Act, 1961 does not differentiate between charitable and religious Trusts, Societies, and Section - 8 companies Hence the 12A registration is applicable to both kinds of organizations.
80G Registration and 12A Registration is applicable only to NGO's and charitable organizations that:-
- Have no income are being generated from the business.
- Is either a charitable trust/entity, a registered society or a Section 8 companies.
- Should not be using their assets or income for any other than the purpose of a charitable trust, Section 8 companies, and other entities, or a registered society.
- To maintain a regular book of accounts of their receipts and expenses.
- The trustees/Members of the governing body of the organization/entity are not deriving any undue benefit from these fund.
- They should not be working to benefit of any particular caste or religion.
- If there is business income is being generated, there should be separate accounts maintained for it. The donations received by the NGO should not be used for such businesses other than the purpose of the object.
ADVANTAGES/BENEFITS OF 12 A and 80 G
- Registration certificate and MoA and AOA in case of Section 8 companies and Societies; Trust Deed in case of a Trust.
- No objection certificate from the owner of the property where the registered office of the Institution is located.
- PAN card copy of the NGO.
- Copy of Utility Bills – Electricity bills, water bills or House Tax Receipt.
- Donor list along with their complete address and PAN.
- Book of Accounts & Income Tax Return documents, of last three years.
- List of welfare activities being carried out & the progress report for last three years.
- Detailed list of the board of trustees.